I wanted to show you all my everyday 5 minute face. It's a realistic, polished look you can accomplish in 5 minutes or less...really! I've timed myself, so I know it can be done! It's a very simple routine that can work for anyone who has limited time before getting out the door.
Some days, it would be much easier for me to leave the house bare-faced, but this makes me feel much more put together and confident, and I can do it quickly while Audrey sits in her bouncer right next to me. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm saving the public from the horror of my paler-than-pale skin and dark under eye circles!
I used to wear a lot of makeup before she was born. Now, I don't have time to mess with foundation, eyeliner, blending eyeshadow, and all of that when I'm just running an errand or two with her during the day. So this is my adjusted routine for now!
Here's how to do my 5 minute face...
Let's take a look at the products one more time:
1. Get your base. Start with tinted moisturizer. This obviously cuts the 2 part moisturizer and foundation step, and you can apply the tinted moisturizer much faster than you could a foundation. I use (and love) Tarte Smooth Operator SPF 20 tinted moisturizer in "Agent 02".
2. Conceal. Hide your under eye circles with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer in the Brightener shade. I also swipe this over my eyelids to hide little veins and even out the overall pigment since I don't use eyeshadow everyday.
3. Warm it up. Apply bronzer, starting at the upper middle of your forehead (near your hairline) and move toward your temples (but stay near the hairline). Move down to just above your cheekbone, forming a "C" shape around your eye. Then swipe just a little down the bridge of your nose and at the very bottom of your chin. I use Sephora's Bora Bora bronzer.
4. Blush. Apply some pretty pink blush to your cheekbones. I love NARS blush in Angelika.
5. Brows. Define your brows. This is a very important step, especially if you have very light or sparse brows, like me! I love Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Pen in the Universal Light shade.
6. Lashes. Mascara is a must. I just don't feel right without it! My favorite is Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara in Very Black.
7. Lips. To polish off your look, use a pretty and neutral gloss. I'm wearing Sephora's Ultra Shine Lipgloss in Miami Pink. I love these glosses in general and this shade is especially pretty!
So there you have it! My 5 minute face. I think this would also be a great look if you're not used to wearing a lot of makeup, but still want to wear a little something to look more polished. I hope you liked these tips! What's your everyday look, and what products do you use to achieve it? Let me know in the comments!