- We've been trying to "fix" our front yard and we are just no good at it! We planted some things last year only to learn that we were wrong about how much sun we get, so lots of them aren't doing well now. I thought I had a brilliant idea, so we came home with a hydrangea this morning, only to realize it's probably way too big for the area we had in mind for it. So frustrating!!! Hey, at least Audrey looked really cute at the gardening center!
- Planning for Audrey's birthday party is in full swing. If you missed it, here's the inspiration board:
I already have the invitations put together and ready to send out next week. Now I'm just working on decor and planning for the food. I'm having so much fun with this!
- I've made very little progress in my craft room, although it has been a great place for me to work on projects. It actually looks a lot worse than this now, since I've been down there making things!
I couldn't find an ideal table for my craft room, so what I decided to do is to move my kitchen table down there, and I ended up finding a "new" one for the kitchen on Craigslist! It's oval and the top sort of looks like it's made up of wooden boards. Does that make any sense?! I don't have a picture of it, but I'll be painting it white and distressing it...at some point! Right now it's sitting in the garage just waiting for me!
- Do you remember me talking about how my old photo library was in limbo, and therefore, I didn't have access to some photos that I needed for posts? Like, the piped cushion for the cane settee? Well, I finally was able to recover the photos, and the reorganizing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Unfortunately, I just don't know when I will get around to going back and doing older tutorials like that. Even if I do, I'm not sure I would remember all the details well enough to share them accurately. Maybe the pictures will jog my memory, but for now, I'm going to cross things like that off my list and just move forward. I'm sorry if you were looking forward to that tutorial in particular! I will still try to do it at some point, but I can't make any promises, so think of it as a nice bonus if it pops up one day!
- Remember that china cabinet that I bought for $20 a while back?
I started painting it over a month ago, and haven't had time to get back to it since! Other things keep taking priority, but I really want to have it done by Audrey's party. It's going to be white and I think I might glaze it too, but I'm not totally sure yet.
Well, I think that's about it for now! I hope you're all having a great weekend! Tell me what you've been up to lately!