Here's what you'll need:
- 7 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4-5 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash (any winter squash will do)
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 box of fusilli (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves (remove when soup is done cooking)
Just toss everything into the crockpot, and stir. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 hours on low.
Even Josh was impressed with the flavor of this soup. Usually, if I make something without meat, he is disappointed! I took some veggies and pasta out of the broth for Audrey and she loved it too! This soup is a win for our family! I know it will be a staple all fall and winter!